Monday, July 08, 2013

MY 59 STUDEBAKER PICK-UP TRUCK PROJECT




The above pictures are of my latest project- a 59 Studebaker C-cab pick-up truck. What is commonly referred to as a C-cab was in this truck model from 49-59.

The C-cab truck introduced the rotary door latches and the inside running board.  Studebaker was first with these innovations

I believe the truck was originally from W. Monroe, Louisiana, and that it later went to owners in Port Allen, and Holden, before I acquired it.

It has a lot of original Studebaker features, with some exceptions such as the 289 CID engine instead of the 259 CID.

It has 3-speed transmission with over drive.  The rear end was replaced with 9 inch Ford rear end from a 79 Lincoln.

It was equipped with climatizer heater which I will replace with Vintage air conditioning, heater, and defroster.

I am in the process of fixing the entire brake system and repairing the rust. 

Will